COMPANY SPOTLIGHT: Violet Poppe
Violet Poppe is the Stage Manager of THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST.
1) What has drawn you to be involved in theatre?
I love the spirit of it! A lot of this world tells us in order to grow up, we need to stop playing. The world of theatre is entirely made up of those of us who know better! It’s fun and raw and enchanting.
2) What do you like most about the character you are playing or the job you are doing for The Importance of Being Earnest?
I’m honored to take on a role with so much responsibility. Even though I’m not on stage, I still have butterflies! Keeping up with these extremely energetic actors has been a very fun and exciting challenge. Like writing down the dance steps of a hurricane! I can’t wait to see it all come together.
3) What qualities do find most admirable in a person?
A loving heart and a calm mind.
4) What is your comfort food?
A cheeseburger on sourdough with a fried egg, avocado, and strawberry jam… I should go make breakfast.
5) Describe your greatest accomplishment.
I’m proud of the way I’m able to teach myself new skills and hobbies. I love the challenge and I believe we can learn anything with a little practice every day. I’m proud to say I’m learning ballet, guitar, piano, French, Japanese, photography, archery, drawing, painting, and many more! I must have a hundred hobbies.
THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST runs November 20-24, 2019 at the Big Bear Lake Performing Arts Center.