COMPANY SPOTLIGHT: Steve Cassling
Steve Cassling plays Rev. Canon Chasuble in THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST.
1) What has drawn you to be involved in theatre?
Being onstage is the place where I feel most comfortable. It’s where I allow myself to be the most vulnerable. The intimacy between the actors is intoxicating.
2) What do you like most about the character you are playing or the job you are doing for The Importance of Being Earnest?
I always try to find the humor in whatever character I play and I don’t have to look very far to find it in Reverend Chasuble.
3) What qualities do find most admirable in a person?
I admire people who do what they say they’re going to do and who are smart and funny.
4) What is your comfort food?
Some sort of creamy pasta dish. Now I’m drooling.
5) Describe your greatest accomplishment.
Getting my pilot’s license was a pretty big deal for me.
THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST runs November 20-24, 2019 at the Big Bear Lake Performing Arts Center.